1. Privacy Statement according to the GDPR
2. Name and Address of the Responsible Person
The Responsible Person within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other national data protection laws of the Member States as well as other data protection regulations is the following:
WCI Europa GmbH
Am Hühnerbusch 8
Phone: +49 (6374) 807 90 – 0
Name and Address of the Data Protection Officer
You can reach our data protection officer at:
III. General Information about Data Processing
In principle, we process personal data of our users only insofar as this is necessary to provide a functioning website and our content as well as services. The processing of personal data of our users takes place regularly only with the consent of the user. An exception applies to cases in which prior consent can not be obtained for reasons of fact and the processing of the data is permitted by law.
Insofar as we obtain the consent of the data subject for processing personal data, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a EU GDPR serves as the legal basis.
In the processing of personal data necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR applies as the legal basis. This also applies to processing operations required to carry out pre-contractual actions.
Insofar as processing of personal data is required to fulfill a legal obligation that is subject to our company, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c GDPR serves as legal basis.
In the event that vital interests of the data subject or another natural person require the processing of personal data, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. d GDPR serves as the legal basis.
If processing is necessary to safeguard the legitimate interests of our company or a third party, and if the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject do not prevail over the first interest, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR is the legal basis for processing.
The personal data of the data subject will be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of its storage is achieved. Moreover, the data can be stored if the European or national legislator has provided for the storage in legislative acts, such as, e.g. EU regulations, laws or other regulations, to which the controller is subjected. Blockage or deletion of the data also takes place when a storage period prescribed by the standards mentioned expires, unless there is a need for further storage of the data for conclusion of a contract or fulfillment of the contract.
The following data is stored and transmitted in the cookies:
The legal basis for the processing of personal data using cookies is Article 6 (1) lit. f and Art. 5 para. 1 lit. a GDPR.
We require cookies for the following applications:
The user data collected by cookies will not be used to create user profiles.
If your personal data is processed, you are affected in the meaning of the GDPR and you possess the following rights against the Responsible Person:
You may ask the Responsible Person to confirm if personal data concerning you is processed by the Responsible Person.
If such processing is available, you can request from the Responsible Person the following information:
(1) the purposes for which the personal data is processed;
(2) the categories of personal data being processed;
(3) the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data relating to you has been disclosed or is still being disclosed;
(4) the planned duration of the storage of your personal data or, if specific information is not available, the criteria for determining the duration of storage;
(5) the existence of a right to rectification or erasure of personal data concerning you, a right to restriction of processing by the controller or a right to object to such processing;
(6) the existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority;
(7) all available information on the source of the data if the personal data are not collected from the data subject.
You have the right to request information about whether your personal data has been transferred to a third country or an international organization. In this connection, you can request the appropriate guarantees in accordance with Art. 46 GDPR in relation with the transfer.
You have a right to rectification and / or completion against the Responsible Person, if the personal data process concerning you is incorrect or incomplete. The Responsible Person must make the correction without delay.
You may request the restriction of the processing of your personal data under the following conditions:
(1) if you contest the accuracy of your personal data for a period of time that enables the controller to verify the accuracy of your personal data;
(2) the processing is unlawful and you refuse the deletion of the personal data and instead demand the restriction of the use of the personal data;
(3) the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of processing, but you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims; or
(4) if you have objected to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 (1) GDPR and it is not yet certain whether the legitimate reasons of the Responsible Person outweigh your reasons.
If the processing of personal data concerning you has been restricted, this data may only be used with your consent or for the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending legal claims or protecting the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest of the European Union or a Member State.
If the limitation of the processing has been restricted according to the aforementioned prerequisites, you will be informed by the Responsible Person before the restriction is lifted.
You may require the controller to delete your personal data without delay, and the controller is required to delete that information immediately if one of the following reasons is present:
(1) The personal data concerning you is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed.
(2) You revoke your consent, to which the processing acc. Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a or Art. 9 para. 2 lit. GDPR and there is no other legal basis for processing.
(3) You invoke Art. 21 para. 1 GDPR in regards to objecting to the processing and there are no prior justifiable reasons for the processing, or you invoke Art. 21 para. 2 GDPR for opposing the processing.
(4) Your personal data has been processed unlawfully.
(5) The deletion of your personal data is required to fulfill a legal obligation under European Union law or the law of the Member States to which the controller is subjected.
If the Responsible Person has made the personal data concerning you public and is according Article 17 (1) GDPR required to delete it, the Responsible Person shall take appropriate measures, taking into account the technology available and the implementation costs to inform the data controllers who process the personal data that you, as the data subject required to delete all links to such personal data or copies or replicas of such personal data.
The right to delete or cancellation does not exist if the processing is necessary:
(1) to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information;
(2) to fulfill a legal obligation that requires processing under European Union law or the Member State law to which the Responsible Person is subjected or for the performance of a task of public interest or in the exercise of official authority that has been delegated to the Responsible Person;
(3) for reasons of public interest in the field of public health pursuant to Art. 9 (2) lit. h and i and Art. 9 (3) GDPR;
(4) for archival purposes of public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes according to Article 89 (1) GDPR, to the extent that the right to deletion (see above lit. a) is likely to render impossible or seriously affect the achievement of the objectives of that processing, or
(5) to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
If you have the right of rectification, delete or cancellation or restriction of processing against the Responsible Person, the Responsible Person is obliged to notify all recipients to whom your personal data have been disclosed of this correction or deletion of the data or restriction of processing, unless this proves to be impossible or involves a disproportionate effort.
You have a right against the Responsible Person to be informed about these recipients.
You have the right to receive personally identifiable information you provide to the controller in a structured, common and machine-readable format. In addition, you have the right to transfer this data to another person without hindrance by the Responsible Person for providing the personal data, provided that:
(1) the processing is based on a consent acc. Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR or Art. 9 para. 2 lit. a GDPR or on a contract acc. Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO and
(2) the processing is done by automated means.
In exercising this right, you also have the right to obtain that the personal data relating to you are transmitted directly from one person to another, insofar as this is technically feasible. Freedoms and rights of other persons may not be affected.
The right to data portability does not apply to the processing of personal data necessary for the performance of a task that is in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority that has been delegated to the Responsible Person.
You have the right, for reasons that arise from your particular situation, to object to the processing of personal data concerning you at any time, pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. e or f GDPR.
The Responsible Person will no longer process the personal data concerning you unless the Responsible Person can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for processing, which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the purpose of enforcing, exercising or defending legal claims.
If the personal data relating to you are processed in order to operate direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of such advertising. If you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, your personal data will no longer be processed for such purposes.
Regardless of Directive 2002/58/EC, you have the option, in the context of the use of services from the information society, of exercising your right to object through automated procedures that use technical specifications.
You have the right to revoke your data protection consent declaration at any time. The revocation of consent does not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation.
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your residence, place of work or place of alleged infringement, if you believe that the processing of the personal data concerning you violates the GDPR.